- Melissa Crouch and Tom Ginsburg. 2016. “Between endurance and change in South-East Asia: the militaryand constitutional reform in Myanmar and Thailand.” International IDEA’s Annual Review of Constitution-Building Processes: 2015.
- James Melton and Tom Ginsburg. 2015. “Does the Constitutional Amendment Rule Matter at All? Amendment Cultures and the Challenges of Measuring Amendment Difficulty.” I•CON, Forthcoming.
- Dawood I. Ahmed and Tom Ginsburg. 2014. “Constitutional Islamization and Human Rights: The Surprising Origin and Spread of Islamic Supremacy in Constitutions.” Virginia Journal of International Law.
Svitlana Chernykh, Zachary Elkins, James Melton, and Tom Ginsburg. 2014. “Constitutions and Election Management.” In Advancing Electoral Integrity, eds. Pippa Norris, Richard W. Frank, and Ferran Martinez i Coma.
Zachary Elkins and Tom Ginsburg. 2014. “Stjórnarskrárgerd á Tímum Gagnæis: Ísland í Samanburdi Vid Önnur Lönd.” In Lýðræðistilraunir: Ísland í hruni og endurreisn 57-74, ed. Jón Ólafsson. [Icelandic]
Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, James Melton, Robert Shaffer, Juan F. Sequeda, and Daniel Miranker. 2014. “Constitute: The World’s Constitutions to Read, Search and Compare.” Journal of Web Semantics.
Tom Ginsburg. 2014. “Chaining the Dog of War: Comparative Data.” Chicago Unbound.
Tom Ginsburg. 2014. “East Asian Constitutionalism in Comparative Perspective.” In Constitutionalism in Asia in the Early Twenty-First Century, ed. Albert H.Y. Chen.
Tom Ginsburg, Nick Foti, and Daniel Rockmore. 2014. “ ‘We the Peoples’: The Global Origins of Constitutional Preambles.” George Washington International Law Review.
Tom Ginsburg and Mila Versteeg. 2014. “Why Do Countries Adopt Constitutional Review?” Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization.
James Melton and Tom Ginsburg. 2014. “Does De Jure Judicial Independence Really Matter? A Reevaluation of Explanations for Judicial Independence.” Journal of Law and Courts.
- Jose Cheibub, Zachary Elkins, and Tom Ginsburg. 2013. “Beyond Presidentialism and Parliamentarism.” British Journal of Political Science.
Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, and James Melton. 2013. “An Epidemiological Analysis of Constitutional Mortality.” In Law and Politics: Critical Concepts in Political Science, V. 4, ed. Keith E. Whittington.
Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, and Beth Simmons. 2013. “Getting to Rights: Treaty Ratification, Constitutional Convergence, and Human Rights Practice.” Harvard Journal of International Law. (Followed by online symposium response Getting to the Right Answers on Rights.)
Tom Ginsburg. 2013. “¿Fruto de la parra envenenada? Algunas observaciones comparadas sobre la constitución chilena.” Estudios Públicos. (English draft available on Academia.edu.)
Tom Ginsburg, Zachary Elkins, and James Melton. 2013. “The Content of Authoritarian Constitutions.” In Constitutions in Authoritarian Regimes, eds. Tom Ginsburg and Alberto Simpser.
Tom Ginsburg, Daniel Lansberg-Rodriguez, and Mila Versteeg. 2013. “When to Overthrow your Government: The Right to Resist in the World’s Constitutions.” UCLA Law Review.
- Jose Cheibub, Zachary Elkins, and Tom Ginsburg. 2012. “Still the Land of Presidentialism? Executives and the Latin American Constitution.” In New Constitutionalism In Latin America: Promises and Practices, eds. Detlef Nolte and Almut Schilling-Vacaflor.
Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, and James Melton. 2012. “Comments on Law And Versteeg’s The Declining Influence of the United States Constitution.” NYU Law Review.
Tom Ginsburg, Zachary Elkins, and James Melton. 2012. “Do Executive Term Limits Cause Constitutional Crises?” In Comparative Constitutional Design, ed. Tom Ginsburg.
James Melton, Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, and Kalev Leetaru. 2012. “On the Interpretability of Law: Lessons from the Decoding of National Constitutions.” British Journal of Political Science.
- Jose Cheibub, Zachary Elkins, and Tom Ginsburg. 2011. “Latin American Presidentialism in Comparative and Historical Perspective.” Texas Law Review.
Rosalind Dixon and Tom Ginsburg. 2011. “Deciding Not to Decide: Deferral in Constitutional Design.” International Journal of Constitutional Law.
Tom Ginsburg. 2011. “Constitutional Specificity: Some Preliminary Investigations.” In Future of Comparative Study of Law.
Tom Ginsburg, James Melton, and Zachary Elkins. 2011. “On the Evasion of Executive Term Limits.” William and Mary Law Review.
- Zachary Elkins. 2010. “Diffusion and the Constitutionalization of Europe.” Comparative Political Studies.
Tom Ginsburg. 2010. “Constitutional Specificity, Unwritten Understandings and Constitutional Agreement.” In Constitutional Topography: Values and Constitutions., eds. Andras Sajo and Renata Utz.
- Nuno Garoupa and Tom Ginsburg. 2009. “Guarding the Guardians: Judicial Councils and Judicial Independence.” American Journal of Comparative Law.
Tom Ginsburg and Zachary Elkins. 2009. “Ancillary Powers of Constitutional Courts.” Texas Law Review.
Tom Ginsburg, Zachary Elkins, and Justin Blount. 2009. “Does the Process of Constitution-Making Matter?” Annual Review of Law and Social Science.
- Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, and Justin Blount. 2008. “Citizen as Founder: Public Participation in Constitutional Approval.” Temple University Law Review. (Reprinted in Spanish in the inaugural issue of Revista Digital de Ciencia Politica del Ecuador.)
Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, and James Melton. 2008. “Baghdad, Tokyo, Kabul…: Constitution Making in Occupied States.” William and Mary Law Review.
Tom Ginsburg, Zachary Elkins, and Svitlana Chernykh. 2008. “Commitment and Diffusion: How and Why National Constitutions Incorporate International Law.” University of Illinois Law Review.
- Zachary Elkins and John Sides. 2007. “Can Institutions Build Unity in Multiethnic States?” American Political Science Review.
- Tom Ginsburg. 2006. “Locking in Democracy: Constitutions, Commitment and International Law.” New York University Journal of International Law and Politics.